'Made of Wood' by Oliver Koletzki, is an LP made of 12 tracks, expected to be released on July 16th, on the Stil Vor Talent label !
Made of Wood’ is Oliver Koletzki’s ninth full-length album since 2007!
He embodies the seasoned craftsman, carving out his deeply personal sonic sculptures with a confident, learned hand. Moreover, he is experimenting with a broad range of thrilling ideas and fresh textures.
The result is an organically flowing, yet decisively shaped work of art. It naturally concludes a trilogy of albums Koletzki embarked on releasing with ‘The Arc of Tension’ and followed with ‘Fire in the Jungle’.
‘Made of Wood’ is physically entwined with the primeval forests that continue to inspire its maker. It was initially written in Tulum, Mexico, during the pre-pandemic winter of 2019. Oliver, aided by numerous live musicians and vocalists, brought his sketches to life.
With a focus on wooden instruments like djembes, marimbas, santoors, or duduks, he is sculpting a natural sound that’s warm in timbre. Indeed, it is rich in groove and literally made of wood.
Have a look at the tracklist:
1. Oliver Koletzki – Caravana de los Elefantitos
2. Oliver Koletzki – La Veleta
3. Oliver Koletzki – Copal
4. Oliver Koletzki & Niko Schwind feat. Judith Ahrends – Picture
5. Oliver Koletzki – Made of Cashmere
6. Oliver Koletzki feat. Felix Raphael – Synesthesia
7. Oliver Koletzki – Dear Mexican Jungle
8. Oliver Koletzki feat. ELIH – Serpiente del Ritmo
9. Oliver Koletzki feat. Walter Scalzone – Cryptozoology
10. Oliver Koletzki & Niko Schwind – Agitation
11. Oliver Koletzki – A Starseed’s Journey
12. Oliver Koletzki feat. Wennink – Turn
If you want to know more about him, you can watch our report at the Blue Festival HERE!