Clubbing TV is giving you some important tips to live stream your dj sets all over the internet. Spread your music!
To live stream your DJ sets with video, you will need a few things:
- A device to capture the video, such as a camera or a smartphone
- A computer or a mobile device to run the live streaming software.
- A reliable internet connection with sufficient upload speed.
- A live streaming platform to broadcast the video, such as YouTube Live, Facebook Live, Twitch or our live streaming platform for DJs www.clubbing.live
- And of course, your DJ equipment such as turntables and mixer or a DJ controller.
- You will also need to create an account on the live streaming platform you choose and follow their instructions to set up the live stream.
Did you know? You can also do live DJ sets in the metaverse, check our articles about live streaming in the Metaverse here.
Here are a few best practices for live streaming video:
- Test your equipment and internet connection before starting the live stream to ensure everything is working properly.
- Especially the connection from the camera to the live streaming software and the audio setup.
- There are also cameras capable of streaming directly, without the need to run a live streaming software on a computer.
- Plan and organize your content beforehand. You can create playlist with your favorite tracks, organize them by genre or BPM.
- Use a high-quality camera and check to focus ensure the best video quality.
- Be aware of your background and lighting, make sure the environment is clean and well-lit.
- See if you can use multiple cameras to get a nice variety of shots from different angles.
- Set the audio input properly to feed the sound of your DJ Mixer, remember to check the gain to avoid picking (red) or not enough modulation (green not moving enough)
- Promote your live stream in advance to build excitement and attract viewers. On clubbing.live you can schedule your live stream in advance by creating an event with a set date and time and a flyer. Engage with your audience by responding to comments and answering questions in real-time in the chat or even live with a microphone. To interact even more with your audience, you can use polls, Q&A sessions, and other interactive elements to keep your audience engaged.
- In many live streaming softwares such as OBS or Streamlabs OBS you can use overlays and lower thirds to add branding and visual interest to your stream. You can use this as well to display a QR code when you play and get tips from the audience thanks to KlubCoin live tipping feature (check it here)
- Have a consistent schedule for your live streams, so your audience knows when to tune in. Promote your schedule on your socials, and you can also add it to the Clubbing TV agenda here.
Good luck for your upcoming streams ! Let us know in the comments if you have any other questions.