Discover how to become a techno & vinyl purist's worst nightmare with these 8 cheeky steps. Have a laugh along the way – all in good fun!
The world of techno and vinyl purists is a fascinating one, filled with die-hard fans who cherish their extensive knowledge of electronic music, their discerning tastes, and their hate of the mainstream. But what if you want to stir things up and become their worst nightmare in the smoking area? We are giving you 8 easy steps that will leave the purists tearing their vinyls out!
- Mix with MP3s: Declare your dedication to mixing music exclusively with MP3 files and assert that the sound quality is so much better than vinyl.
- Confuse Techno with EDM: Refer to all techno music as EDM and praise how *put the names of bigroom DJs* have changed the techno scene forever.
- Use a Crosley Record Player: Purchase the most low-rated Crosley record player you can find and rave about the incredible listening experience it provides. Gear up for a lecture on the importance of high-quality audio equipment.
- You can follow up by telling them that you love the sound of the *insert trendy headphone brands* and that if DJ *insert a mainstream artist* is using them it’s for a good reason.
- Talk up Digital DJing: Proclaim that digital DJing has made vinyl DJing entirely obsolete. Express your confusion about why anyone would still use those “outdated” turntables. You can also raise the fact that travelling with USBs is so much convenient than carrying those heavy vinyl bags.
- Praise Sync Buttons: Gush about the sync button, insisting that it has revolutionized DJing and rendered beatmatching a thing of the past. Brace yourself for an impassioned rant on the art of manual beatmatching.
- Use the Wrong Terminology: Deliberately mix up terms like “EP,” “LP,” “single,” and “album.” Share your love for a new techno LP with 15 tracks, then sit back.
- French edition : tell them that Paris’s warehouse parties have revolutionized the scene in France. Have a sip of drink and get ready for a lesson about the free parties in the 90′.
While this list is intended for a bit of mischief and fun, it’s important to remember that the world of music, including the realms of techno and vinyl, is vast and diverse. There’s room for everyone’s tastes and preferences. It’s music guys, take a step back and let people have fun however they want <3